March 1, 2010

Getting There...

Really busy with work so I haven't had much time to play or RoM or blog.
But the good news is that I am finally making some progress towards reaching level 55. I went to Aoutulia Volcano, however it's spelled, and learned how to do the "Dinos". I had heard people shouting about it on the zone chat but didn't know what they were referring to. I even tried to look it up on the RoM DB but there are no "dinos". But then my guild leaders took me there and showed me where to get the quest and yes, it does involve killing dinosaurs.
The nice thing is that groups of level 54/55s get together and do this daily quest all at once. You just have to kill 12 of the dinosaurs for one daily. That's it. So a group gets together and runs in a loop killing 12, then going back to the quest receiver, turning in, then doing it again. There are so many 54s and 55s trying to get XP that there's almost always a group running.
To be honest, I thought it was odd that people were being so cooperative. I've found at the higher levels, you're expected to be able to do things yourself and finding help is hard. But I suppose everyone gets frustrated with never reaching 55 and that's why people group up. It's still self-serving. As soon as people are done their own dailies, they leave the group. I don't think anyone sticks around to help the others once they're finished their own.
Whatever. It's fine. It's just good to be seeing some progress on my XP bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment