January 20, 2010

Turning a Mistake Around

Today I did something stupid. I lost my fancy-awesome-super-statted Reef Bleeder dagger. I don't really know how. I had a mix-up sometime during the day where I accidentally equiped a 2H staff when normally I fight with a wand and a dagger. Then I switched back and forgot to equip the dagger. When I realized what I had done, I went looking for it and it was gone. Not in my backpack, not in my bank, not even in the vender Sell tab. Where did it go?  Is it possible that I could have trashed it?  Is it possible that my brain took a long walk off a short dock?
So after much swearing and gnashing of teeth, I decided that it was high time I switched back to a 2H staff anyway. People are always saying that you can't beat a 2H staff for magic damage, but I tested it and my wand and dagger did way more sizzling. But seeing as brilliant me trashed her dagger, I guess I'll try the staff.
Lucky for me I had just acquired a new Level 54 Blue 2H Staff as a quest reward. I spent some gold, some charges and loads of time and the picture shows the result. Not bad. I'll be replacing it with a level 55 weapon soon so I didn't bother to tier it up too much or worry about the stats.
But I should get some rune slots in there.  Maybe tommorow. It's 2:20 am here in Dum-Dum Land.
Bonus: The patch is coming tonight and hopefully they'll remove all the Snowflake crap.
EDIT: Check out the pic, I even look stupid. Doh!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man I hate it when that happens!!! It's funny though, how I always laugh when people around me at work blame the "computer" for their own dumb mistakes, and then I find myself doing EXACTLY the same thing!

    Nice staff though...you should see my new 2-H Hammer. (that's what she said)

    Gust

    ReplyDelete