July 12, 2010

I'm a Lowbie

Apparently, numbers aren't everything.
I went for a run through HotO with some very nice folks. I suppose in hindsight I should have mentioned that I wasn't too familiar with the instance, but I didn't do that, so I ended up dying, oh, five times? Maybe six? I lost count!
The group was very nice, especially the healer, and they resurrected me without complaint. But they did say to me: "We were all lowbies once."
Lowbie???  HA!  I laughed out loud at my desk. How astute of them!
I can't deny it. I am a lowbie. Just cuz I'm level 58 doesn't mean that I know what the EFF is going on. I was the one with the lowest HP and the worst gear. If I was them I would think I was a lowbie too. But a level 58 lowbie seems an oxymoron, doesn't it? Maybe I need to invent a new word to describe someone who has reached a high level but doesn't have "elite" gear and stats yet. Midbie? Almost-leet? Semi-uber?
That little 58 beside my name gets me the invites into places like HotO and even HoS and ZS, but doesn't help me to not take a dirt nap when the big bad bosses come out to play, that's for sure. Most of my deaths were one-shots. One second I'm alive, panicky but alive, then I'm dead and frowning at my combat log, thinking, "WTF hit me??"
Sigh. Perhaps I should strut around Silverspring for a while to boost my self esteem.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment