September 6, 2010

The Un-Hippo King

For a while now I've been hearing rumours about "The Hippo King" in Thunderhoof Hills. All I knew was that he was a crown boss that spawned near Listana Falls, south of Dalanis, and that he was uber and heavily farmed. A while back I got the coordindates of his supposed spawn point from a guildie and Medi and I would pop by there every now and then to see if he was there. No such luck...until tonight.

We were sitting in the Dalanis mentos raid when Darktower asked if anyone wanted to kill the Hippo King real quick before the next event. Of course, Medi and I raised our hands and jumped up and down, shouting, "Ooh, pick me, pick me!"
We took off to the spawn point and found ourselves staring around in confusion for a second. No hippo in sight. Then we realized that we had both made the same mistake. When they said the HIPPO king we thought they were referring to a real life hippo, which in-game is called a Pango. But the reality was that the boss is king of the Hippogriffs, a horse-eagle thingy! We both kinda went, DUH.
And then after all that, we never did kill that damn thing cuz it was too close to the event start. Oh well, next time.

It's 7am and I've been playing all night. Double XP weekend is wicked fun! Night night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment